Jordan is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Group. He focuses his practice primarily in the areas of trusts & estates litigation, including will and trust contests and accountings, contested and uncontested Article 81 guardianship proceedings, and real estate litigation, including disputes between commercial landlords and tenants, disputes between neighbors, property damage, foreclosures, and boundary disputes. Jordan handles all aspects of a litigation, including pleadings, motions, oral argument, depositions, and trial, if necessary. Jordan prides himself on his tenacity and dedication to the firm’s clients.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude; 2006
- Cornell University, School of Industrial and Labor Relations, B.S.; 2003
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Awards + Recognitions
- SuperLawyers® New York Metro Edition Rising Stars; 2017, 2019
- Recipient of the Rising Star: 40 Under 40 Award honoring young professionals in Westchester County demonstrating excellence in their profession, 2016
- Order of the Coif, 2006
- Cardozo Journal of Conflict Resolution – Articles Editor
- New York State Bar Association
- Westchester County Bar Association
Presentations + Publications
“Battling Online Defamation: Navigating the Legal Avenues for Your Business”
The Knowledge Group
“Decisions Give Glimmer of Hope to Internet Defamation Plaintiffs“
NY Law Journal, December 2015
- Successfully represented developer of a luxury subdivision in Westchester County, defeating an Article 78 action brought by neighbors seeking to stop the development. Won summary judgment on a separate fraud claim brought by nearby property owner seeking to further stall the development after the Article 78 proceeding had been dismissed.
- Successfully represented step-granddaughter in a will contest where blood relatives challenged the decedent’s will, under which decedent bequeathed a majority of her estate to step-granddaughter. Successfully steered the parties into a mediation resulting in favorable resolution for our client.
- After stepping in for prior counsel, who failed to seek and obtain a Yellowstone injunction, we obtained a preliminary injunction on behalf of a major supermarket chain which prevented the landlord from moving forward with eviction proceedings, thereby saving the assignment agreement contract that the client had just entered into with another large supermarket chain.
- Board of Directors, Boys & Girls Club of Northern Westchester
- Jordan enjoys playing ice hockey and tennis.
- But most of all, he enjoys chasing after his young children.