Alec regularly represents developers, homeowners, farm operations and small businesses before municipal permitting agencies. His background in municipal representation provides him with a unique insight into the land use entitlement process. Clients consult with Alec on various aspects of development and seek his advice regarding New York’s State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA), Agriculture and Markets Law, and numerous other federal, state and local laws regulating development. He regularly appears before Planning Boards, Legislative Boards, Zoning Boards and other permitting boards and agencies.
Prior to joining Cuddy & Feder, Alec was an Associate Attorney at an Orange County, NY, law firm that specialized in the representation of municipal boards. Alec provided counsel for several municipalities on matters regarding SEQRA, General Municipal Law, Town Law, Village Law, Highway Law, and the Telecommunications Act. Alec’s experience representing both the public and private sides of the land use process provides him with unique experience and insight that allows him to provide superior legal service.
While in law school, Alec was an intern with the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC), Office of General Counsel. Alec also interned with the New York State Office of the Governor and the Albany County Supreme Court, Hon. Kimberly A. O’Connor. Alec further served as a law clerk for the Office of Chief Counsel at the Federal Transit Administration and was a law associate for the Minority Counsel’s Office at the New York State Assembly.
- Albany Law School, J.D.; 2016
- State University of New York College at Oswego, B.A.; 2013
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- SuperLawyers® Upstate New York Edition Rising Stars; 2021, 2022
- New York State Bar Association
- Hudson Valley Young Professionals
- New York State Innovation Energy and Environmental Technology Program, S03032, 35 Y. St. B. Ass’n: N.Y. Envtl. Law, Fall/Winter 2015.
From the Blog
- Cornell Cooperative Extension of Westchester County; Board Member
- SUNY Orange College Association; Board of Directors
- In his time away from the office, Alec enjoys outdoor activities, including running and hiking, as well as regularly participating in sports such as rugby and golf.
- After studying abroad in England while a student at SUNY Oswego, Alec has become an avid traveler and enjoys frequent (as possible) trips to Europe to explore other countries.