"Every lawyer, no matter whom they represent, is trying to help someone, whether it’s a person, a corporation, a government entity, or a small or big business. To me, lawyering is the height of service – and being involved in this profession is a gift." – Sonya Sotomayor
Joanne represents a variety of clients ranging from small business owners to national retailers in their lease negotiations and has advised them on matters involving store management, employment practices, and brokerage agreements. Joanne has represented real estate developers and national retailers both as in-house counsel and outside counsel. Her clients have included Dress Barn, L’Occitane, Charles Tyrwhitt, and US Polo Association. Joanne’s representation encompassed negotiating leases, subleases, lease assignments, and multi-store acquisitions from companies in bankruptcy. She has extensive experience with lease administrative issues and has designed settlements to resolve lease disputes on behalf of her clients. Her commercial leasing experience has covered a wide range of property types including enclosed regional malls, neighborhood shopping centers, outlet centers and office buildings.
- Pace University School of Law, J.D.
- State University College at Oneonta, B.A.
- New York
- Westchester County Bar Association
- Westchester Women’s Bar Association
- In her spare time, Joanne enjoys live music and theater (especially musical theater) and spending time with her family. Joanne is also team manager for her son’s CYO basketball team.