Max is an Associate in the Firm’s Land Use, Zoning & Development and Telecommunications groups. He counsels clients in a wide range of local and state permitting matters and regularly represents applicants before administrative and legislative bodies. He also guides clients through the SEQRA review process and provides counsel in relation to development agreements, easements, and deed restrictions.
While at the Elisabeth Haub School of Law, Max received the Distinguished Service Award from the highly regarded Land Use Law Center. Max also served as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Dora L. Irizarry, Chief Judge for the Eastern District of New York, and interned for the Village of Ossining, NY Corporation Counsel, as well as for Johnson, Haslun & Hogeman, a boutique land use law firm in Greenwich, CT.
- Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University, J.D., magna cum laude, 2019
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Bachelor of the Arts in Urban Planning, 2014
- Master of Urban Planning, 2015
- New York
Awards + Recognitions
- Distinguished Service Award, Land Use Law Center, Elisabeth Haub School of Law (2019)
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America (2008)
- American Planning Association, Planning and Law Division (Secretary and Treasurer)
Presentations + Publications
“From Euclid to Darwin: The Unavoidable Evolution of Zoning in the Post-COVID-19 World”
New York State Bar Association Journal (2020)
- Advisory Board Member; Urban Land Institute, Westchester/Fairfield Chapter
- Fellow, Hudson Valley Pattern for Progress (2019-2020)