He regularly helps families with disabled children. This type of planning involves an in-depth knowledge of the services available in the community as well as legal issues, including private and institutional supplemental needs trusts.
- Duke University School of Law, J.D.; 1977
- University of Rochester, B.A. summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa; 1974
- New York
- New York State Bar Association, Elder Law Section, Executive Committee
- Westchester County Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- NAELA’s Council of Advanced Practitioners
- Certified Elder Law Attorney, certification issued by the National Elder Law Foundation
Presentations + Publications
“Community Based Housing Options”
Westchester County Senior Law Day
October 16, 2018
“Innovative Options for Senior Housing”
October 9, 2018
Elder Law Presentation
National Association of Elder Law Attorneys/National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
April 26, 2017
“The Basics of Elder Law”
United Federation of Teachers, Yonkers, NY
April 25, 2017
“Where Do We Go From Here? Long-Term Care in the Age of the Baby Boomers”
Spring 2015, Vol. 11, Nr. 1
“Residential Models for Today’s and Tomorrow’s Older Adults”
Fall 2013, Vol. 9, Nr. 2
Guardianship Practice in New York
New York State Bar Association (2004)
Neil is a frequent lecturer on Elder Care and Estate Planning issues for groups including the New York State Bar Association and Westchester County Bar Association. He has also written many articles on Elder Care and Estate Planning.
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys Chapter Member of the Year, 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2017-2019
- SuperLawyers® New York Metro Edition, 2007-2018
- Honoree 2017 AV Preeminent Attorney
- Top Rated Elder Law Attorney in White Plains, NY
- Westchester Jewish Community Services
Prior board affiliation:
- Westchester Jewish Conference
- Alzheimer’s Association, Westchester-Putnam Chapter, Inc.
- UJA-Federation, Campaign Cabinet
- Neil has studied piano for much of his life.
- He also loves to swim, bicycle, and run.
- He and his wife, Marilyn Kneller-Rimsky, recently celebrated their 36th anniversary.
- They have three daughters and three grandchildren.
Taking a look at the recent trends in senior housing and long-term care for the future of older adults.