Kristen is an associate in the firm’s Land Use, Zoning & Development, Energy & Environmental, and Telecommunications groups. Her practice includes federal, state and local environmental permitting and compliance, real estate development, and wireless telecommunications siting. Kristen regularly represents national developers, homeowners and small businesses before municipal and state land use and environmental agencies. Her background in environmental compliance allows her to integrate technical experience into her legal representation. Clients consult with Kristen on various aspects of development and seek her advice regarding New York’s State Environmental Quality Review Act, coastal redevelopment and numerous state and local land use laws.
Kristen’s practice also includes advising clients in the emerging field of cannabis law. An active member of the Westchester County Bar Association’s Cannabis Law Committee and the Hudson Valley Cannabis Industry Association, Kristen helps coordinate the progression of legal services needed to bring cannabis businesses from idea to reality.
Prior to joining Cuddy & Feder, Kristen clerked for the judges of the Connecticut Superior Court. While in law school, she interned at the Pace Environmental Litigation Clinic, the U.S. EPA Region 2’s Superfund Division, and with Hon. Judge Cathy Seibel of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. Kristen has co-authored a paper on climate change adaptation that was presented at the 2014 Asia Pacific Center for Environmental Law Climate Change.
Kristen worked as an environmental consultant prior to becoming an attorney, serving as a compliance advisor for clients. The various projects she administered included wastewater, storm water, and air permitting, as well as hazardous materials operations and management.
- Pace University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, Certificate in Environmental Law; 2015
- University of Rhode Island, B.S., cum laude; 2008
- New York
Awards + Recognitions
- Westfair Communications Millennial & Gen Z Award; 2021
- New York Metro – Top Women Super Lawyers; 2021
- Super Lawyers® New York Metro Edition Rising Stars; 2018-2021
- Westchester Women’s Bar Association Justice Sondra Miller Scholarship Recipient, 2015
- Westchester Women’s Bar Association, State Director, Past Vice President
- New York Bar Association
- Westchester County Bar Association
- Hudson Valley Cannabis Industry Association
Presentations + Publications
“Economic Forecast for Developing Communities in the Hudson Valley”
Society for Professional Marketing Services
November 10, 2021
“WATER: Conservation, Mitigation, Creation & Restoration”
2019 Residential Design Expo
“Ancient Streets: Creation of the Implied Easement“
Municipal Lawyer, September 2018
“Zoning and Land Use Principles for CT Vineyards & Wineries”
CT Vineyard and Winery Association’s Annual Meeting on Zoning and Land Use
“Adaptation to Climate Change: ASEAN & Comparative Experiences”
World Scientific, September 2015
- Westchester County Bar Association, Cannabis Law Committee
- Westchester County Executive’s Climate Crisis Task Force, Land Use Initiative Co-Chair
- Westchester Women’s Bar Association; Environmental & Land Use Committee, New Lawyers Committee, Membership Committee, and Networking Committee
- University of Rhode Island, We’re Offering Women Wisdom, Founder & Board of Directors Member
- Kristen enjoys hiking and helping out at her family’s vineyard.
- She also loves flower gardening and is an avid runner.