In law school, Shanitra was the Executive Teams Editor of the Moot Court Honor Society, Teaching Assistant to Professor Joel Shafferman of the Legal Writing Department, student ambassador to the New York City Bar Association, student mediator at Manhattan Civil Court, and Vice President of the Black Law Students Association. She also interned at both the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York and United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Shanitra worked as a Wholesale Territory Manager for Marathon Petroleum Company. Her worked included managing the distribution of oil in North Carolina and Virginia.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D.; 2015
- University of Michigan, Stephen M. Ross School of Business, B.B.A., 2010
- New York
- Westchester County Bar Association
- Westchester Women’s Bar Association
- Nathaniel Gates Scholar, 2012-2015
- First Place Competitor and First Place Brief – Tulane Sports Law Invitational Moot Court Competition, 2014
- Carson Scholar – Ross BBA Washington Campus Program, 2009
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars, 2007-2010
- Shanitra enjoys traveling and health/wellness activities.