Leanne is Of Counsel at the firm, handling all aspects of federal and state complex commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution. Her practice includes the representation of corporations and individuals in telecommunications and land use litigation, financial industry and business litigation, Article 78 proceedings, appeals, employment disputes, and title disputes.
Prior to joining Cuddy & Feder, Leanne worked with a leading international law firm, as well as with several boutique firms, providing sophisticated business litigation services to a wide range of clients.
Taking her role as “counselor” very seriously, Leanne always strives to listen carefully, think outside of the box, and carefully construct litigation strategies that meet the unique needs of her clients and their specific situations.
In law school, Leanne was Research & Writing Editor of the Pace Law Review, a member of the National Moot Court Competition team, and a Dean’s Scholar. Leanne proudly volunteers for the Women’s Business Development Council of Connecticut and regularly serves as a Judge for the Jeffrey G. Miller National Environmental Law Moot Court competition.
- Pace University School of Law, White Plains, NY,
J.D., magna cum laude, 1994
Certificate in Environmental Law, 1994
- Duke University, Durham, NC
B.A., Distinction in English,1990
- New York
- U.S. District Court of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
Presentations + Publications
- Panel Speaker, WBDC Stamford, “Tips & Tricks for Growing/Scaling Your Business”
- Panel Speaker, Duke University, “Climate Change: U.S. Pulls Out, Blue Devils Dig In”
- Author, “Business Lessons from Recent New York Arbitrability Cases“
- Co-Author, “The Constitutionality of New York’s Grandparent Visitation Statute in Light of Troxel v. Granville,” 27 Westchester Bar Journal 19 (2000)
- Author, “Davis v. Davis: The Embryonic Stages of Procreational Privacy,” 14 Pace Law Review 567 (1994)
- Won motion to dismiss on behalf of developer of state-of-the art, green parking garage near Westchester County Airport
- Won judgment in favor of landowners in quiet title action
- Won motion to dismiss on behalf of major telecommunications corporation in Article 78 proceedings
- Represented global reinsurance corporation in R&W arbitration
- Represented broker-dealer in Second Circuit appeal regarding engagement and placement agreements
- Represented large distribution company in connection with two Second Circuit appeals arising out of breach of contract and guaranty
- Represented software supply corporation in proceedings regarding breach of data collection automation services agreement and breach of duties of loyalty and confidentiality against former employee
- Appellate consultant in patent infringement appeal to Federal Circuit
- Appellate consultant in First Circuit appeal regarding judicial assignment
- Represented investor in FINRA arbitration and Connecticut proceedings arising from broker-dealer’s fraudulent sales and marketing practices
- Represented former directors in New York First Department appeal regarding minority shareholder oppression, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and trade secret misappropriation
- Director, Connecticut Women’s Business Development Council
- Member, Pace Law Alumni Board
- Leanne volunteers for clients of the Women’s Business Development Council of Connecticut, dedicated to the success of female entrepreneurs
- Leanne volunteers regularly as a Judge at the Jeffrey G. Miller National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition
Leanne lives in Ridgefield, Connecticut, and enjoys spending time with her family, yoga, swimming, and music theatre.