On June 22, 2021, Connecticut joined neighboring states, New York and Massachusetts, by enacting legislation to legalize adult use cannabis and becoming part of the national and global cannabis industry and marketplace. Connecticut is the 4th state this year, and 19th state overall, to legalize adult-use cannabis. This trend to end prohibition is rapidly creating new opportunities for those seeking to launch cannabis businesses. Cuddy & Feder’s lawyers have decades of experience advising clients on business formation, securing an appropriate location for business operation and obtaining land use and regulatory approvals. Cannabis Practice Chair Andrew Schriever is a leading writer, lecturer and advisor on cannabis law policy, a member of the Westchester County Bar Association’s Cannabis Law Committee, co-founder and President of the Hudson Valley Cannabis Industry Association and a co-founder of the New York City Cannabis Industry Association where he serves on its Board of Directors.
We are advising clients on Connecticut’s new cannabis law and forthcoming regulations and the licensing processes. Our attorneys can assist with all aspects of your cannabis business, including:
- General consultation, overall strategic planning and project team management
- Evaluate proposed locations for cannabis-related businesses
- Strategize and obtain municipal land use approvals
- Formation of corporate entities and corporate governance
- Drafting and negotiation of partnership/shareholder and member agreements
- Preparation of license application materials
- Regulatory compliance
- Services for ancillary businesses in the market
- Real estate transactions, including purchasing, sales and leasing
- Vendor contracts
Contact us today to discuss how we can help you succeed in this emerging market at email@example.com.